Care at Home
Care at Home workers provide an important role in helping people to stay independent and living in their own home.
They support people with many daily activities such as bathing, dressing, going to the toilet, meal preparation and eating and drinking if required.
Care at Home workers provide the person they are supporting with often much needed companionship, and a chance to talk to someone during their day. As a Care at Home worker, you provide peace of mind to family members, knowing their loved one is being supported.
Hampshire County Council has a preferred list of providers who offer:
- At least the minimum wage plus 20%
- Travel time between appointments and that mileage is paid for
- An option to choose a fixed hour contract or, if you need greater flexibility, a zero hour contract
- Full training towards recognised qualifications to help you progress in your career
Becoming a Care at Home worker is challenging and rewarding – it’s a job to be really proud of.
Ready for a career in home care?
Why choose to work with our primary care providers?
We have four preferred primary care providers who we work with to arrange care for people in Hampshire. All of our primary providers offer:
- Paid travel expenses
- Better working conditions
- Full training and induction programme, so no experience is necessary
- Highly competitive pay rates
- Flexible guaranteed working hours
- Career progression and opportunities to earn a qualification
- Pension scheme
Click the link below to see who your local provider is and find out more.